QUANTIFI, INC. ("Quantifi") recognises that its customers, visitors, users, members and others who use www.quantifisolutions.com or other web sites owned or operated by Quantifi ("Quantifi Services") (collectively or individually "Users") value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on Quantifi Services. Quantifi provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using Quantifi Services.
Please note that any writing, image, or other content posted at the direction of Users onto the Quantifi Services becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Privacy Notice.
Quantifi Collects The Following Information:
1. User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to Quantifi when choosing to participate in various activities on Quantifi Services such as posting in our forums, downloading documentation, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
2. Cookies Information: When you visit Quantifi Services, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Quantifi may use both session cookies and persistent cookies (persistent cookie remains after you close your browser). Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Quantifi Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
3. Log File Information: When you use Quantifi Services, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Quantifi Uses Information in the Following Way:
1. If you submit personally identifiable information to us through Quantifi Services, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of Quantifi Services.
2. Any personal information that you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you post messages through Quantifi Services.
3. We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Quantifi Services changes or for customer service purposes).
4. We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of Quantifi Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
6. From time to time, we may contact Users to invite them to participate in usability surveys. Participation in these surveys is purely voluntary. Typically these surveys are anonymous and no personal information is requested. However, occasionally, we may request your email address for the purpose of sending you a reward for completing the survey. No personally identifiable information submitted will be shared with people who are not out authorized agents. Data collected through the survey is used to compile demographic information about our members and to assist us in making improvements to the Quantifi Services.
Quantifi Only Discloses Information When:
2. We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
3. We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on Quantifi Services.
4. We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through Quantifi Services, in which case Quantifi may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Please contact Quantifi with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linking Agreements with Other Sites:
Quantifi does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Quantifi to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, women ages 18-24) or audience segment (for example, women ages 18-34 who have viewed certain categories of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of Quantifi Services, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Quantifi’s Commitment to Security of Data:
Quantifi uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Quantifi and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Quantifi makes commercially reasonable efforts to secure our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Quantifi learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Quantifi may post a notice on Quantifi Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us by emailing email@example.com.
Quantifi’s Commitment to Privacy of Children:
Protecting the privacy of young children is very important to us. For that reason, Quantifi does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on Quantifi Services from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then you are not authorized to use or access Quantifi Services at any time or in any manner. If Quantifi learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected on the Quantifi Sites without verified parental consent, then Quantifi will take the appropriate steps to delete this information and we will restrict this individual from future access to the Quantifi Services.
In the Event of Sale, Merger, Acquisition, or Bankruptcy:
In the event that Quantifi is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Alterations and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "effective date" below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of Quantifi Services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified October 14, 2010.
Please contact Quantifi with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.