Chaired by Sivan Mahadevan, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley, the conference explored the transformations in the OTC markets driven mainly by technology, clearing and regulation.
Petal Walker, speaks about the benefits of central clearing and highlights issues pertinent to the future and effectiveness of clearing, including FCM concentration, uncleared margins and CCP risk management.
Umesh Gajria talks about central clearing requirements on OTC derivatives and how they are intended to promote overall risk management. Umesh looks at what customers are looking for, the various themes around capital efficiency, operational flexibility and customer protections.
This panel on Capital Optimization in a Complex Regulatory Environment discuss how the environment has changed since 2008 with the focus shifting from economic capital to regulatory capital and the practical challenges firms face.
Central clearing is impacting operations, valuation, and risk management for all buy-side firms. Industry practitioners explore transformations in the OTC markets, driven by technology, clearing and regulation.
- Sivan Mahadevan, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
- Petal Walker, Chief Counsel, CFTC
- Narender Rajaputhra, Executive Director, JP Morgan Chase
- Yury Dubrovsky, Chief Risk Officer, Lazard Asset Management
- Reade Ryan, Managing Director, BlackRock
- John Schiavetta, SVP, AllianceBernstein
- Umesh Gajria, Executive Director, CME Group
- Eapen John, Director, Citigroup
- Adam Hayes, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
- Dmitry Pugachevsky, Director of Research, Quantifi
- Yi Tang, Managing Director, Wells Fargo