Quantifi's 4th annual risk conference, at The Harmonie Club, New York attracted 100+ delegates from across the industry for an afternoon of unique insights. Speakers representing Bank of America Merill Lynch, Citi, PGIM, Magnetar, and others discussed buy-side investment trends (passive vs active) and the impact of FRTB on capital and liquidity from a front-office and risk management perspective.
* The views and opinions expressed by the speakers are those of the individual and are not representative of their respective company.
The conference facilitates discussion between delegates from banks, asset managers, hedge funds, clearing houses and industry bodies on how to successfully address the competing challenges arising from regulatory and market forces.
The panel provided an overview of the key differences between active management and passive investment and how investors approach this distinction. This panel also included discussion about fee structures, liquidity and Exchange-Traded Funds.
This panel discussed the impact of FRTB on capital and liquidity from a Front Office and risk management perspective. This included debate over the issues presented by these new regulations and how banks are planning to overcome these complexities.
- Cristian Homescu, Director, Portfolio Analytics,
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Arvind Rajan, Managing Director and Head of Global and Macro, PGIM Fixed Income
- Sumit Roy, Portfolio Manager, Magnetar Capital
- Robert Savage, CEO, CCTrack Solutions
- Gordon Liu, Head of Global Risk Analytics,
HSBC North America
- Melvin John, Director, Global Risk Management, Citigroup
- Richard O'Connell, Head of Risk Appetite for Global Markets and Combined US Operations, Credit Suisse
- Dmitry Pugachevsky, Director of Research, Quantifi